LOCATION: City of Melbourne
Part Time 7 – 14h/w, Remuneration 50AUD/hr.
Full Time 35h/w
This is a new position established to facilitate the provision of coordinated clinical care for people with a severe mental health disorder who present in General Practice. The aim of the position is to provide improved access to mental health services, and improve outcomes in terms of recovery and relapse prevention. The dominant patient population is young adult and is culturally diverse.
Essential criteria would be:
- ACMHN credentialed
- experience in patient assessment/case management/individual and group therapy/mediation/recent acute inpatient and or community experience
- ability to deal with challenging behaviours/proficiency in recording patient care details electronically
- must be registered with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills of contemporary nursing practice
- Excellent communication skills with patients, their families and other members of the general practice team.
Only applicants with an Australian/NZ non-restricted visa should apply. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check.
If you are not yet Credentialed, Please submit your CV so we can assess and help you, if you are interested to join the Credentialed Mental Health Nurses of Australia.
For more information about this role, please contact us.